Friday, July 30, 2010

Summertime 2010 "Cruising Connecticut with a Picnic Basket by Jan Mann"

This has been an unbelievable summer in Connecticut. One of the warmest summers  on record! The local gardeners have reported abundant crops and flowers.  Makes me wish I still had my garden in the Farmington flats that I lovingly cultivated for 10 years...each summer praying for "the best summer yet".  When I think of summer, I remember the flip-flops I wore as a kid and still wear as an adult.  They were bought at Sears or Montgomery Wards in downtown Detroit for a quarter a pair.  Some things just get better and better...those gummy rubber mats in a rainbow of colors now neatly decorated with bows and gems...take a look:

My Flip-Flops

O'Flip-flops, o'flip-flops I love you so
 stuck to my feet and fast on the go!

You're rubber or plastic with no foot support
 long or floppy or sometimes quite short!

You're cheesy and cheap and melt in the sun--
 decorated with "diamonds" and are always great fun!

You're red or blue or yellow or brown--
I hear your flop sound all over my town !

I see your bright colors and sparkles and such--
toes crunched together into a great bunch!

Trying to keep those dang flip-flops on
hearing that old familiar flip-flop song.

Knowing that summer has finally come
wearing these flops and  having flip fun!

Take these old flip-flops and do what you will--
thrown them into the local land fill !

My flip-flop detector has made me so smart
I'll just buy some others at the nearby Walmart!

Rhyme Time Books are now available on Amazon.  A new book is in the works and should be out before September.  Duck Tape 2, a book about recycling for children, is at the printers now and awaiting final "tweaking".  This book follows Duck Tape, a book that won Honorable Mention at both the London Book Festival and the New England Book Festival for Independent Writers in 2008. A coloring book for both Duck Tape and Duck Tape 2 is in the works. More information as the printing begins.

Enjoy the rest of summer by purchasing Jan Mann's book, Cruising Connecticut with a Picnic Basketand taking some interesting daycations! 

Tell Mollie Wilson what you think. Post you own comments:

No comments:

Post a Comment